Thursday, June 26, 2008

Happy Birthday Jeff!!!

Today's blog is in honor of Jeff's birthday. Today he turned the ripe old age of....what is it? 38? I was dared or manipulated, (I'm not sure which) to drive all the way to Quincy to help celebrate his birthday. I don't think Jeff really believed that I would be crazy enough to do it. Apparently I am that crazy! :) I lucked out and was able to get off of work at noon, so I was able to get to Quincy earlier than expected which gave me a little more time to hang before getting back in my car for the 2 1/2 hour drive home.

The drive really wasn't that bad; I had good music to listen to and after having a very emotional, stressful start to my week, it was nice to get away even if it was for only a few hours. Jeff wasn't there when I first got to his house, so I spent the first 15min or so making small talk with his mom and niece and nephew....not awkward at all!! They were very nice to me though.

After a quick tour through Quincy and Jeff's house, we settled in for dinner, then dessert. Later we went out to find the kittens that have made the barn? garage? their home. I must say that I was sooooooo tempted to take one of them home with me. They were so adorable. I lost my senses for a moment and seriously considered it. Then I remembered that kittens grow up to be cats, and cats like to scratch everything, oh, and they shed!

The drive home seemed to go a lot faster then the drive to Quincey, doesn't it always seem to work that way? All in all, this has been a good day. My family has always been big on birthdays, so it was fun to go and celebrate with Jeff. So now that I am back in Seattle I will end this day with one final......HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

2 comments:

Jeff said...

Thanks for sharing with the entire world that I am 38. Just remember what they say about payback...... Thanks for coming over...I love the keyboard.

mooney said...

No problem.