Thursday, January 15, 2009

Aaaah, life, isn't it sweet

You may remember me blogging a while ago about a problem I have with TMJ. Well it was better for a while but has recently been acting up. Some of it is brought on through stress (the holidays were brutal at work) and some just because of how my jaw is formed. Unfortunately my jaw has slipped out of the disk and after many Orthodontist appointments, it still has not gone back in. The upside is that I can't chew very well so I have been averaging about 800 calories a day. I've lost about 5pounds so far. Though not a diet of my choosing, I will take it. The downside is that the whole left side of my face is in pain. My ears, head and neck all hurt and the pain meds that I am supposed to take make me sleepy and light headed.

So I am hungry, in pain and incredibly frustrated with my body's ability to heal itself. (Not the best combination) :) If we cannot get it to go back into place and stay there, I will have to have my jaw wired shut. THIS is not an option! I love to talk,and eat, so that would be no fun at all!

Okay, now that I have gotten that all out of my system, I feel much better.

No comments: