Sunday, August 3, 2008

Happy Birthday to me!


Thanks to everyone for helping to make this years birthday so great! It has been a busy week with many b-day lunches and dinners. I loved all of the cards that I received, they were very funny! Jeff got me some really cool headphones that block out all of the noise which I love.

Kaesha got me a framed picture of The Prayer at Valley Forge, which is hanging next to my copy of the Family Proclamation and the Constitution. (I know I'm weird) I love the inscription on the bottom of the Prayer at Valley Forge, it shows how much our founding fathers relied on our Heavenly Father for guidance; something that, sadly, is lacking in our government today.

The inscription says, "I consider it an indispensable duty to close this last solemn act of my official life by commending the interests of our dearest country to the protection of almighty God and those who have the superintendence of them into His holy keeping."

Thanks again everyone for all of your well wishes!

5 comments:

Jeff said...

Glad you like the headphones. Isn't being 38 the best ever?

mooney said...

yeah...it's great!

the baker said...

i love that picture!! happy birthday!!

Anonymous said...

Happy B-day D!

-K

mooney said...
This comment has been removed by the author.