Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Catching up

It has been a while since I updated my blog, so I thought that I would give you an update on what is going on in my life. I must back track to about a month ago when Jeff, Lucy, Mikey, Sherry and I travelled up north to Vancouver B.C. to see Madonna in concert. We spent the night at the lovely and ever so popular, Sandman Hotel which is conveniently locatd accross the street from B.C. Place. (where the concert was being held) I was so excited for the concert but found myself losing my umph after waiting over 2 hours for it to begin. While the concert was fun, and the people watching entertaining, I was surprised to find myself less enthusiastic than I thought that I would be. Most concerts have me up on my feet shaking my groove thang, but I was almost bored while she was performing. At one point I looked over at Jeff to find him looking like he could fall asleep at any given moment. The best part of the night was when my little brother bought me a pair of short shorts with Madonna written on them. :) I will be saving those for a fun night out to...nowhere.

The day after the concert Jeff and I headed up to Whistler for the rest of the weekend. The last time I was at Whistler, it was snowing and the skiing was sooo much fun! The village has a magical feeling to it when the snow is falling all around you and the walkways are crowded with people who are filled with excitement. I have never been there pre ski season and was looking forward to taking the high speed quad to the top of the mountain to do some hiking. Unfortunately the quads weren't running so we had to alter our plans a bit. We ended up going for a couple of hikes over the weekend and took a lot of pictures of the area. We will have to go back next summer or maybe skiing again. All in all, the weekend was a lot of fun despite some minor disapointments.

Fast forward to the present where last week I had a minor surgery to remove some endomitriosis that I have in my tummy. I wont go into detail about all that it entails, but it basically causes a lot of pain. The surgery itself only took an hour but the recovery is taking me longer than I was expecting. Jeff was nice enough to come spend the day with me and made sure that I was taken care of. (He even brought me a barf bag from work, which, thankfully I did NOT need to use) After taking a few days off from work to recoup, I went back this morning. It was nice to be among the living for a change but was in desperate need of a nap after only a few hours. I am willing myself to get over this so that I can feel better about getting on a plane tomorrow morning.

Yes, you read correctly, tomorrow morning I am heading to the land of Maui where I will be continuing my recovery in the sun. My best friend is getting married a week from today on the sandy shores of Hawaii. Her father has been very kind and is flying 10 of us there which should be a lot of fun. Dawn (my best friend, and yes she has the same name as I do) is marrying a man named Darce with whom she has been dating for just about a year now. They got engaged 3 months after they met, and they're not even Mormon! They both just have felt like it was right from their very first date so the speed of everything didn't really faze them much. This is the happiest I have seen her in a long time.

So now you are updated on all of the fun things that are going on in my life. I will try not to be such a slacker next time.

No comments: