Saturday, July 5, 2008

Finally! An evening with George!


This is a moment I have been waiting for patiently for a long time. I was supposed to see George Michael in concert when I was 18, but due to lack of funds and living out of the state, I had to give up my precious ticket to the "Faith" tour. My friends went without me and I had to settle for a tour book instead. Fast forward 20years, (how old am I!) and the opportunity to see the man, in the flesh, has presented itself again. I, of course jumped at the chance and bought tickets for myself as well as Jeff and Lucy.


Let me just say that after waiting 20years to see George up close, he did not disappoint. I love his voice, it is like butter! He did make us wait for about 45minutes before he showed himself, but he was worth the wait. (Jeff has the song list on his blog) George sang songs from his Wham! days up to his most current CD. Some of the songs brought back so many fond memories. Careless Whisper reminded me of church dances, desperate to dance with whatever crush I had at the moment. Everything She Wants, just makes me smile, as well as most of his other songs.


The funniest part of the evening was when George came out on stage with a TIGHT police officer's uniform on. Let me just say...Gay or not, the man looks gooooood, and that voice...!


The evening ended with a quick nightcap of Coconut cake that Jill made for Jeff's birthday. It was a perfect ending to a great evening.

4 comments:

the baker said...

it sounds like that concert was amazing...all of you have raved about it. i need to get some george michael out and listen to it.

Jeff said...

Yes, it was a good time! George rocks! I think my favorite part was "I'm your man."...as cheesy as that sounds. But the whole thing was good. Next up: Madonna!

mooney said...

I know! I'm so excited for that concert.

Anonymous said...

I feel like I have to start a blog just rave about George as well. It was a fun night. BTW, I must confess I looked at his tour schedule the next morning to see if he was playing elsewhere on the west coast, but no luck :( That's ok, one night with a great memory, (of the show that is) is still a great night! Can't wait to see Madonna do her thing. ~llp